Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I can name 31 types of cheese.

I learned that in my training session today. Also some stuff about change control, new product introduction, process catalog. But mostly that now I can list 31 types of cheese. I forgot a few--Stilton, Edam.

Work has been busy. I have two important presentations in the next two weeks and I'm not prepared yet. So much other stuff has come up. I'm not even really sure what I do each day but these presentations, the major things I have do, don't get done. I did have a really great breakthrough yesterday. There was going to have to be meetings and discussion about how many decimal places we kept in this series of documents because when you imported values from Excel to Word, Word Word kept changing all these numbers to either look like "1. " instead of "1.00" or "0.249999999999" instead of "0.25". But I was trying it myself, and I realized if you put the number in to Excel with a single quote ahead of it before you imported it to Word, to designate it as text rather than a number, it came out perfectly. I let the tech writer know and she was incredibly happy. A single punctuation mark can save having to coordinate significant figure agreement across several departments! Thank goodness.

Sigh. Time to go to bed already. That two hours of non-work time went fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment