Monday, March 15, 2010

That was a good weekend.

I took Friday as a vacation day, which meant that I worked on my presentations at home rather than at the office but I got to sleep in so that counts. Friday night I went and played Bingo at Christy's grandmother's Elks lodge which is a lot of fun even if I don't win anything (and I usually don't).

Then Christy came to my place and we had a sleepover. Quite a traditional sleepover, with late-night chatting, sleeping in, and then pancakes. I made the triple ginger pancakes from the King Arthur whole grain cookbook and they were really good. I thought they'd be overwhelmingly gingery what with the powdered ginger, fresh ginger, and crystallized ginger but no. They were just pancakes with a delightful ginger flavor. And whole grain!

Then Christy and I rented Precious from a Redbox ripoff at the grocery store, which was very convenient and I completely understand why Blockbuster is screwed. The movie was good. Not uplifting but not as depressing as I'd predicted. We watched a little Eddie Izzard afterward to get the taste out of our minds. "They conquered the world through the cunning use of flags!"

Today was back to the grind. I really feel as if I have a regular job plus labwork, because I have to edge the labwork into odd little pieces of my day. A little bit of cell culture work in the morning, some arranging samples after that, meetings, desk work, going back to lab to sample, desk work again, running back to collect the samples, etc. I was walking all over so I didn't feel too bad I didn't make it to the gym (had to leave later than I wanted to, and was very hungry, all add up to not making it to the gym). Though I did boogie out to The Secret Handshake for twenty minutes at home, which should also count as exercise.

Thursday at the church group they're having groups from all over come to hear some big speaker guy. Christy and I admitted to each other we're excited about the prospect of meeting new guys besides the ones at our own church. I'll be covering the food table for a girl who can't be there, and I plan to bake something too. I'll have to think carefully about what would be the best thing to bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment