Saturday, January 6, 2018

New Craft Room Colors

I had always known the yellow I painted the craft room was too dark.


For such a small room it was too intense.  But I only used the room to sew, occasionally iron, and as storage (I eventually hid a filing cabinet behind the door.

But this Christmas I decided to do something about it and repainted the room in Benjamin Moore's Natural Cream (adjusted down 50%, in flat Behr paint). 







I rearranged the furniture as well.  I was surprised that the room seems bigger with the desk against the window rather than against the wall, where it fit so perfectly. 

I also moved in the leaning ladder bookcase I had built for my bedroom but found too large for that space.  So now I'm building a corner leaning ladder bookcase for the bedroom.  It's not going well - it's mostly held together with glue and wood putty and all the shelves are tilted because I didn't realize the frame wasn't on level ground when I was installing them.  Oh well.  I'll stain it really dark and I know from experience I eventually forget about the imperfections.

I figure I'm making functional furniture, not heirlooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment