Saturday, February 16, 2013

How to Facebook

If I had my way, Facebook would be different.

Instead of:
I'm in the ER again! OMG, what's going on?
It would be:
I'm in the emergency room for the third time this week for chest pain. The doctors have eliminated heart attack and angina. Today I'm in for an imaging procedure.  I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this time.

Instead of:
Well, guess what?  ____ and I are having a baby in August!  That's what happens when you can't take birth control pills.
It would be:
____ and I are expecting a baby in August!  We're thrilled.

Instead of:
My #$%^&* husband left today.  How am I going to explain to our four kids that Daddy just doesn't love Mommy anymore?
It would be:



Instead of:
[Below a photo of a newborn] One year. Miss you my angel!
It would be:
One year ago today my brother and his wife moved to Saint Louis.  I miss my little niece so much!


Otherwise I spend too much time worrying people's future children are going to find out horrible crap from future Facebook archives, or that someone is dying in the ER, or that a baby died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment