Monday, February 15, 2010

Coastline





Rather than just laze around (though I seriously considered it) I went for a walk along the Bay Trail today. I started at one of the bayside parks in San Mateo that I found out about when I tried to get home from Target on surface streets.

I think it was around two and a half miles round trip, so it counts as my exercise. I also took my camera and took pictures. I'd gotten some photography books out of the library, so these are me trying harder than usual to take good pictures. I think they're a step up from my usual.

In one of those "duh" moments I was marveling at how much more blue the water seemed than usual before I realized the sky was blue for the first time in a long time and that the two are undoubtedly correlated. Idiot.

After I came home I tried making a yellow cake with the Princess Cake Emulsion flavoring my mom had gotten me for Christmas. The Sweet Dough Emulsion was good in some rolls I made, but I can't tell if the Princess Cake one was because the recipe I used for the cake was too eggy. Bleh. It will be a donation to the magical "table off which food disappears" at work.

My parents came out yesterday for a nice visit. My mom brought me zombies, which are better than my usual zombies because she has a deft touch with bread dough that I do not have. They also brought with them my latest Amazon order, which includes a book the orthopedist recommended, "The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion," which is very interesting. I already had a packet of stretches and exercises the orthopedist gave me that are geared toward runners, but this book has extra exercises geared toward three different posture problems. Mine is "Condition III", because I tend to stand with my hands in front rather than at my sides. Hopefully the exercises will help me stop hurting myself so often when I exercise. Just the other week I strained a groin muscle on the elliptical.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment